Green Burial Resources
Simple and natural. Green burial, or natural burial, ensures the burial site remains as natural as possible in all respects. Interment of the bodies is done in a biodegradable casket, shroud, or in a favorite blanket. No embalming fluid, no concrete vaults.
Listed below are Green Burial friends of Cornerstone Funeral Services. Please visit their sites for additional information.
- Melissa Coe Ceremonies
- A Fine Farewall - A Fine Farewell produces beautiful burial and cremation shrouds that transform the way we face death.
- Lucia Pottery - Lucia Pottery produces 100% biodegradable urns.
- Natural Transitions - Natural Transitions is a Colorado-based non-profit educating and supporting families to care for their own dead. Natural Transitions also hosts after-death care workshops, makes community presentations on end-of-life options, and holds an annual conference on green and family-led after-death care in October in Boulder, CO.
- Spiral of Life - The considerations presented can give us the courage to consider home wakes and funerals as a viable option for ourselves and our families.
- KINKARACO - KINKARACO™ was contracted by the HBO series "Six Feet Under" to create a shroud for the green burial segment of the show's season finale Life imitates Art!
- Green Burial Council - The Green Burial Council has been working to make burial sustainable for the planet, meaningful for the families, and economically viable for the provider.
- Farewell Assistance - Farewell Assistance empower family members to act as their own funeral service providers, serving as expert consultants, temporary personal assistants and professional event planners.
- Funeral Consumers Alliance - The Funeral Consumers Alliance provides some information about caring for the dead without the use of toxins and materials that are not biodegradable.
- Undertaken with Love - Undertaken With Love is a home funeral guide for congregations and communities.
- Natural Burial Company